God in His mercy gave us His Commandments so that we would have a sure path to follow. A set of instructions that would lead us to perfection and back to Him. His Commandments have to do with Love.
- “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. … Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31 KJV)
- “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” (John 13:34 KJV)
God’s Commandments were not just a set of laws that we are to follow or perish. His Commandments are wrapped in Love and also bring us blessings if we follow them. Here are just a few:
- “Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.” (Psalms 91:14 KJV)
- “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.” (Proverbs 8:17 KJV)
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 KJV)
The Living It:
Love is our strength. We must live Love! We need to think, feel, and speak in love. Here are some of the things that Love is:
- Love is longsuffering
- Love is kind and envieth not
- Love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up
- Love doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked
- Love rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in truth
- Love beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.